Thank you for bringing your request for assistance in purchasing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to the
Town of Montgomery IDA. We look forward to working with you to evaluate your application for possible financial
assistance. To begin this process, please complete and return the application below.
- Limited to businesses and 501(c)(3) organizations in the Town of Montgomery with not more than 50 employees who were operating prior to the COVID-19 emergency and were negatively impacted by it. Businesses and non-profits must have been financially viable prior to the state disaster declaration.
- IDAs may offer grants of up to $10,000 exclusively for the purpose of allowing recipients to buy PPE or install fixtures (e.g., plexiglass barriers) to prevent the spread of COVID.
Please note the following:
- Grant awards will be in the form of reimbursement. Applicants that receive
notice that they have been awarded a grant must provide the IDA with receipts
and/or proof of purchase to receive the grant monies.
- Grants may be used for reimbursement of PPE and/or fixtures already purchased
only if PPE and/or fixtures were purchased on or after June 17, 2020. Receipts
and/or proof of purchase date must be provided to the Agency to be eligible.
- This is NOT a contract. This information is needed to help The Town of Montgomery IDA evaluate your
project for possible financial assistance. If the Town of Montgomery IDA offers assistance, a formal
contract will be issued along with other financial documents and receipts required to issue a grant.
- Town of Montgomery IDA staff or counsel may request additional information or clarification,
including financial projections.
- All grant information and records related to this application
are potentially subject to disclosure under FOIL subject to limited statutory exclusions.
- Applicant Must provide to the Town of Montgomery IDA payroll certification that employment does
not exceed 50 employees, documentation showing they are physically located in the community
served by the Montgomery IDA and certification that they in fact a business or non-profit
Full-time Permanent Employee: (i) a full-time, permanent, private-sector employee on the Recipient’s
payroll, who has worked at the Project Location for a minimum of 35 hours per week for not less than four
consecutive weeks and who is entitled to receive the usual and customary fringe benefits extended by
Recipient to other employees with comparable rank and duties; or (ii) two part-time, permanent, private-
sector employees on Recipient’s payroll, who have worked at the Project Location for a combined minimum
of 35 hours per week for not less than four consecutive weeks and who are entitled to receive the usual and
customary fringe benefits extended by Recipient to other employees with comparable rank and duties.
Full-time Contract Employee: a full-time private sector employee (or self-employed person) who is not on the
Recipient’s payroll but who works exclusively for the Recipient at the project location for a minimum of 35
hours per week for not less than four consecutive weeks, providing services that would otherwise be provided
by a Full-time Permanent Employee. The position held by a Full-time Contract Employee must be a year-round
Personal Protective Equipment:
Qualifying purchases include but are not limited to (Use CDC definitions):
- Masks (N95)
- Hand sanitizers
- Sneeze Guards
- Face Guards and Face Shields
- Gloves and Eye Protection
- Safety Footwear
- Other respiratory devices (air purifiers)
- Cleaning materials and disinfectants
- Specialized packaging for shipping
- COVID Testing Kits