Who We Are
The Town of Montgomery Industrial Development Agency is a public authority governed by the State of New York that provides financial incentives to aid in the attraction, retention and expansion of businesses and job opportunities. Our mission is to position the Town of Montgomery as the premier Hudson Valley destination to work, live and visit.
Our financial incentives include sales and use tax exemptions, mortgage recording tax exemptions, real estate tax exemptions, and tax-exempt bonds for qualified businesses.Meet the board Learn More About Our Application Process
Why the Town of Montgomery
The Town of Montgomery is home to numerous companies in sectors such as Distribution, Professional Services, Advanced Manufacturing, Medical Devices, craft beverage and a growing agritourism sector.
Historic villages, access to roadways, railways, and airports are just a few reasons companies are locating in the Town of Montgomery.
- 70 miles from NYC
- Home to Orange County Airport
- Unrivaled access to major interstate highways of 84, 86, and 747
- Less than a 30 minute drive to Metro North Beacon Station
- Approximately 27 million people within a 100 mile radius
- Located in the Mid-Hudson Region, home to 30+ colleges and universities
- Craft Beverage Locations: Angry Orchards, City Winery, and The Brewery at Orange County Hops
- Parks and Open Space: Thomas Bull Park, Orange County Arboretum , Stewart State Forest, and more
- Access to Trails